Family, friends, music, movies, TV, celebrities, games, hobbies, pets, art, literature, sports, cooking, news and politics, every day life.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER5511
Share | .

VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Katydid
Warrior Woman
Warrior Woman

PostSubject: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Bravo! In my opinion Jane Fonda is a traitor and she should never had been given the role of a U.S. President's wife. It's not that there was a lack of another qualified actress who could have played the part. If she did today what she did during the VietNam war, she would have been ostracized and would have never gotten another job in Hollywood again. In this age of political correctness, it boggles my mind why "The Oprah" even thought about giving her the part. I for one will not now or ever go to see this movie. Some might say that it's time to forgive and forget, I say the danger is to forget. Forgive if it makes you feel better, but never forget those who died in this unconscionable war and how she dishonored them and their sacrifice. And I for one will not give Jane Fonda one moment of my time or money to see any of her work......................
Back to top Go down
RedMomma5
Archon
Archon

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi, Katydid, and thank you for your post.

Here is a link to the story that you are referring to in case anyone would like to read the details:

Link:  ‘In Life, You’ve Got to Stand for Something’: Vet Refuses to Show ‘The Butler’ at His Movie Theater

Please follow this discussion in Celebrity Gossip.flower 

Galactic Storm
Galactic Storm

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Good Post, Katydid, and thanks for the link, Red. Smile Many Kudo's to the theater owner who is a veteran!! Good for him. And I feel so Proud of and for him! If more people stood up against all the disrespect shown in the world today, and against people's principles, the world could end up being a better place. It sure isn't working just keeping quiet and putting up with it all!
Back to top Go down
Cochise54
Star Gazer
Star Gazer

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:41 pm

The thread title says the theater owner is a WWII vet, the link says Korean War, and it's about 'Nam. In order the score is: win, still going & a draw. The most recent is 40 yrs. ago. Neutral
Right now we are fighting an undeclared war because there aren't any defined boundries, but it's still a war. China is still a communist country, but we go to Wally World and buy their stuff. So much so that the trade deficit is in 13 digits, but we can't legally buy a Cuban cigar. What's wrong with that picture?
We buy cars made in Japan and Germany and clothing made in Vietnam, but still harp about an actress that pranced around nude in "Barbarella". Hey, it's the 21st century folks, get with the current program. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RedMomma5
Archon
Archon

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Cochise54 wrote:
The thread title says the theater owner is a WWII vet, the link says Korean War, and it's about 'Nam. In order the score is: win, still going & a draw. The most recent is 40 yrs. ago. Neutral
Right now we are fighting an undeclared war because there aren't any defined boundries, but it's still a war. China is still a communist country, but we go to Wally World and buy their stuff. So much so that the trade deficit is in 13 digits, but we can't legally buy a Cuban cigar. What's wrong with that picture?
We buy cars made in Japan and Germany and clothing made in Vietnam, but still harp about an actress that pranced around nude in "Barbarella". Hey, it's the 21st century folks, get with the current program. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I took WWII out of the thread title, Cochise.  Fonda doesn't bother me but there are a lot of people who still have strong passions about her past actions and consider her a traitor who got away with something.  Me, I just think she was a mixed-up Hollywood brat who didn't know any better and was politically brainwashed or something.  She has apologized.  Who knows whether she is sincere or not.  Hollywood types aren't usually sincere.  I would actually like to see this movie as it looks pretty good based on the trailers.  I imagine her role is a rather small one.  It has quite the cast of names in it.

Star Gazer
Star Gazer

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 pm

There is a reason I prefer to hang in the Ole. Fewer chances of incorrect facts being posted and people standing behind their opinions and continuing a "lively discussion" despite facts to the contrary having been posted. That and when the correct facts are posted, they don't read like "War and Peace". Smile
Back to top Go down
Katydid
Warrior Woman
Warrior Woman

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 am

Cochise54 wrote:
We buy cars made in Japan and Germany and clothing made in Vietnam, but still harp about an actress that pranced around nude in "Barbarella". Hey, it's the 21st century folks, get with the current program. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
you are right on Cochise, on today's web it was made clear that the vet was a Korean war vet who trained young men to fly and those men fought in the Viet Nam war. So much for accurate news reporting. And I should have realized that the theater owner was too young to have fought in WW2 and there are only a handful of those heroes left.  On a side note, my uncle Vito fought in WW2, survived five bullets in his back while making an amphibious landing but was killed by a drunk driver here after attending a little league baseball game in which his grandson played. My feelings towards Jane Fonda are so strongly negative because I've seen close up what war does to a person. My uncle came home suffering from malaria and horrendous nightmares, and a very close cousin who was in Nam came home with the most debilitating stutter imaginable. Cousin Al went to 'Nam one person and came home someone completely different. To this day he will not even try to speak of his experiences, and neither did my uncle. I loved and love these two men with all my heart and for her to have accused our men of being baby killers, is something I can never forget. They did not consider themselves heroes, but anyone who knew them, knew the kindness and generosity of their hearts and they will always be heroes to us.
Back to top Go down
lilywhy
Mrs. Santa
Mrs. Santa

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, at the risk of having things thrown at me, I will admit to seeing the movie. Jane Fonda's on screen time is about five minutes out of a two hour movie. Her portrayal of Nancy Reagan is adequate, nothing special.

The movie itself is very good in depicting a black man's conflicts in growing up in the south in the 20's and 30's, and serving in the White House. It is based on fact. I found myself admiring the main character's great strength.
Back to top Go down
ol_fart
Royal Dreamer
Royal Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the movie. As to Jane Fonda, and the whole Nam thing; who won?
Back to top Go down
Katydid
Warrior Woman
Warrior Woman

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 pm

lilywhy wrote:
Well, at the risk of having things thrown at me, I will admit to seeing the movie. Jane Fonda's on screen time is about five minutes out of a two hour movie. Her portrayal of Nancy Reagan is adequate, nothing special.

The movie itself is very good in depicting a black man's conflicts in growing up in the south in the 20's and 30's, and serving in the White House. It is based on fact. I found myself admiring the main character's great strength.
Throw things? I would never do that, unless the target had Jane's picture on it.............cheers And I would never think negatively of anyone who goes to see this picture, I only express my personal feelings and I will admit I do get very emotionally intense on some issues.
Back to top Go down
NTYSU
Radiant Supernova
Radiant Supernova

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:07 pm

The latest on "The Butler" and it's not good news.  Many are angered by the misrepresentations in the movie including the twisted historical  facts & the character assassination of  President Ronald Reagan. 

'Butler' Box Office Sales Plummet by One-Third

The movie "Lee Daniels' The Butler" saw its weekend box office receipts plummet by nearly a third, from $24.6 million in its opening week to $17 million last week, after a storm of protests from Republican and veterans groups.

The film depicts a White House butler who served eight presidents, and has come under fire for its portrayal of former President Ronald Reagan and his wife Nancy as being racially insensitive and for casting Jane Fonda as the first lady.

Supporters of President Reagan and veterans groups especially have criticized the film, with some calling for boycotts.

~ ~ ~

"This time of year is generally considered a dumping ground for projects without major commercial appeal. It is also that rare movie that plays to more sophisticated moviegoers, unlike most of the material at the theater right now," said Toto.

"I do think the team behind the movie made a mistake by casting people like Jane Fonda in the film. It stirred up a few news headlines, but it likely angered those who might otherwise check the movie out," said Toto, assistant editor of Big Hollywood. "Fonda is in the film for less than a few minutes, so her talents weren't needed."

~ ~ ~

Former Reagan associates – including former Attorney General Edwin Meese III, former White House chief of staff Ken Duberstein and former Sens. Paul Laxalt and Richard Schweiker — told Newsmax that the depiction of the president as racially insensitive in the movie was inaccurate.

Meese told Newsmax the true Ronald Reagan "treated everyone extremely well, including people who were in a position of assisting him in one way or another."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/butler-reagan-fonda-protests/2013/08/26/id/522202
Back to top Go down
RedMomma5
Archon
Archon

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Lying about Ronald Reagan?swear   Dirty liberal fruitcakes.  Nope, not going to go watch a lie.Evil or Very Mad 

Radiant Supernova
Radiant Supernova

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:00 am

I'm with you on that RM.  A review from one critic I read, he was furious with the movie.   He went on to say the only thing factual in the movie is the timeline and there was a butler.  What ticks me off is even though the movie is fiction, it's being passed off  by blacks and black leaders (and others) to the black community as a factual biopic of the life of this guy.  They've already started the hype on it being a shoe-in for an Oscar, which means the fix is in.  Rolling Eyes  
Back to top Go down
NTYSU
Radiant Supernova
Radiant Supernova

PostSubject: "The Butler Did It" - Made Obama Cry   Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Like a Star @ heaven 

This is so appalling it's beyond belief.  War, Syria, the Middle East and this moronic idjit sets it aside to do an interview about a crapazz fantasy movie on a morning radio show.  It even includes the newest classic "Well, this looks like my grandbaby or this looks like my daughter." 

Obama says 'The Butler' movie made him tear up

Aug. 27, 2013, 6:08 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he got teary while watching "Lee Daniels' The Butler," a movie about a black White House servant who worked for several presidents.

Obama says he reflected on the effects of discrimination on a generation of people. He says that generation displayed dignity and tenacity and, quote, "put up with a whole lot of mess because they hoped for something better for their kids."

Obama discussed the movie with radio host Tom Joyner and co-host Sybil Wilkes of the "Tom Joyner Morning Show."

Obama said White House butlers have been kind and warm to his family. He suspects that part of it is they look at his daughters, Malia and Sasha, and they say, quoting, "Well, this looks like my grandbaby or this looks like my daughter."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=825020&_p=0678b1c1-c9bf-4346-a52d-9d4d53f07226
Back to top Go down
RedMomma5
Archon
Archon

PostSubject: Re: VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER   Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi NTYSU, we have been discussing this movie in CG since it was topically related to Jane Fonda (per the O.P.).  I have not seen it nor do I intend to go see it after I heard that they portray Ronald Reagan as a racist (which is a lie).  Others have simply decided to boycott it because Jane is in it.  Personally, it does not surprise me that he would "cry" over something like this.  I read about his reaction and I just laughed.crazy 

VET REFUSES TO PLAY THE BUTLER IN HIS THEATER

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Cafe ::  :: -